Italian language holiday for senior students on 30 August - 6 September 2020!
We are offering an ITALIAN LANGUAGE HOLIDAY at Antico Borgo La Torre on 30 August - 6 September, in collaboration with the London Community Language School Ambarabà.
This holiday is specifically designed for senior students (over 50 years) who are interested in learning Italian or improving their language skills on a farm in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, in good company and with delicious food!
We provide a 5-day Italian language beginner or intermediate course for a total of 15 hours. The lessons will be tailored based on the common interests and learning needs of the group.
Rates: € 1150 (£ 1050) per person
There will a maximum of 20 participants.
So, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Day 1: Arrival on Saturday. Pick up from Figline station in the afternoon. Welcome dinner.
- Day 2: Breakfast. Italian language lessons in the morning (from 10:00 to 13:00). Buffet lunch. In the evening around 18:00, we will have a guided tour of the farm and wine tasting in the farm’s own vinery. Communal dinner.
- Day 3: Breakfast. Optional visit to Figline market in the morning. Buffet lunch. Italian language lessons in the afternoon (from 15:00 to 18:00). Communal dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast. Italian language lessons in the morning (from 10:00 to 13:00). Buffet lunch. Pizza night: guests will be able to learn how to make pizza.
- Day 5: Breakfast. Day off lessons! Optional trip to Florence with guided tour. Communal dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast. Italian language lessons in the morning (from 10:00 to 13:00). Buffet lunch. Optional easy walk in nearby Reggello to learn about the local area. Communal dinner.
- Day 7: Breakfast. Italian language lessons in the morning (from 10:00 to 13:00). Buffet lunch. Free afternoon to relax and enjoy the last afternoon in the farm.
- Day 8: After breakfast drop-off in Figline train station.
- 15 hours tuition over 5 days.
- Accommodation in comfortable double rooms, arriving on Saturday and leaving on Saturday.
- Breakfast, buffet lunch and communal dinner with typical Tuscan food (drinks not included).
- Use of the swimming pool (please note that use of a swimming cap is compulsory).
- Wine tasting.
- Small trips in the local area.
- Transfers to and from the local station in Figline Valdarno, an easy 20 mins train journey from Florence, for guests travelling with public transport. (Free car parking is available if required.)
Rate does not include:
- Drinks at lunch and dinner.
- Single room supplement of €250 (£220) per week.
- Optional visit to Florence (including lunch in Florence).
- City tax €1 per person/night. City tax is chargeable for a maximum of 6 nights.
Non-participating partners are also welcome, and will enjoy a €250 (£220) discount when they share a bedroom with their participating partner.
For more information and to book email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Federica: +39 320 62 75 789
ABOUT THE TUTORS:
Carmen Silvestri is a language teacher and founder of the Ambarabà Community Language School in London. Tiziano La Bella is a language teacher specialised in teaching Italian as a Community Language.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION:
You will be hosted at the farmhouse Antico Borgo La Torre, in the tranquil and enchanting surroundings of the Tuscan countryside. The property includes Chianti vineyards, olive trees and a lake inside the property. Guests will enjoy comfortable rooms, a large natural garden and a 20 metre swimming pool.