Italian language holiday for families on 23 - 30 May 2020!
We are offering an ITALIAN LANGUAGE HOLIDAY at Antico Borgo La Torre on 23 - 30 May 2020, in collaboration with the London Community Language School Ambarabà.
This holiday is specifically designed for families who want to improve and practise their Italian on a farm in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, in good company and with delicious food!
For parents learning Italian, there will be 10 hours of Italian language lessons over 4 mornings. On the first day, there will be a 3-hour multilingualism workshop for both Italian-learning and native Italian parents.
For children, on four afternoons we provide 2-hour Italian language play sessions to improve their language skills with learning activities based on the CLIL approach (Content and Language Integrated Learning). On the first day, the play session will run in the morning at the same time as the multilingualism workshop.
Price: € 1150 (£ 1050) per adult
€ 900 (£ 810) per child
This language holiday is available for a maximum of 8 families.
So, book early to avoid disappointment!
- Day 1: Arrival on Saturday. Pick up from Figline station in the afternoon. Welcome dinner.
- Day 2: Breakfast. Multilingualism workshop for both Italian-learning and native Italian parents from 10:00 to 13:00, while children will have their Italian session. Buffet lunch. In the evening around 18:00, we will have a guided tour of the farm and wine tasting in the farm’s own vinery. Communal dinner.
- Day 3: Breakfast. Italian language lessons for parents in the morning (from 10:00 to 12:30). Optional visit to Figline market in the morning for parents not attending the lessons and their children. Buffet lunch. Italian language session for children in the afternoon (from 15:00 to 17:00). Communal dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast. Italian language lessons for parents in the morning (from 10:00 to 12:30). Buffet lunch. Italian language session for children in the afternoon (from 15:00 to 17:00). Pizza night: guests will be able to learn how to make pizza and children are helped to make their own pizza.
- Day 5: Breakfast. Day off lessons! Optional trip to Florence with guided tour. Communal dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast. Italian language lessons for parents in the morning (from 10:00 to 12:30). Buffet lunch. Italian language session for children in the afternoon (from 15:00 to 17:00). Optional easy walk in nearby Reggello for the whole family to learn about the local area. Communal dinner.
- Day 7: Breakfast. Italian language lessons for parents in the morning (from 10:00 to 12:30). Buffet lunch. Italian language session for children in the afternoon (from 15:00 to 17:00). Rest of the afternoon free to relax and enjoy the last day in the farm. Communal dinner.
- Day 8: After breakfast drop-off in Figline train station.
The price includes:
- 13 hours tuition for adults, and 11 hours tuition for children, over 5 days.
- Accommodation in comfortable apartments, arriving on Saturday and leaving on Saturday.
- Breakfast, buffet lunch and communal dinner with typical Tuscan food (drinks not included).
- Use of the swimming pool (please note that use of a swimming cap is compulsory).
- Wine tasting and two small trips in the local area.
- Transfers to and from the local station in Figline Valdarno, an easy 20 mins train journey from Florence, for guests travelling with public transport. (Free car parking is available if required.)
The price does not include:
- Drinks at lunch and dinner.
- Optional visit to Florence (including lunch in Florence).
- City tax €1 per person/night. City tax is chargeable for a maximum of 6 nights.
Babysitting is available on request when both parents are attending the Italian language lessons.
For more information and to book email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Federica: +39 320 62 75 789
ABOUT THE TUTORS:
Carmen Silvestri is a language teacher and founder of the Ambarabà Community Language School in London. Tiziano La Bella is a language teacher specialised in teaching Italian as a Community Language to young learners.
ABOUT THE ACCOMMODATION:
You will be hosted at the farmhouse Antico Borgo La Torre, in the tranquil and enchanting surroundings of the Tuscan countryside. The property includes Chianti vineyards, olive trees and a lake inside the property. Guests will enjoy comfortable rooms, a large natural garden and a 20 metre swimming pool.